Sunday, September 6, 2009

Cooking for Company

Cooking is one of my favorite things to do but I do not like to spend a long time in the kitchen. I always have most of it prepared before my company comes because it is very important to visit with your company also. So you choose meals that have one main dish that takes a bit but the rest that go with it like vegetables, salads etc. need to be quick or prepared ahead. Therefore you only have to think mainly about the main dish. Who wants to be stressed with company present. A one pot meal in a cast iron pot is quick and can be very good and not much work. Always choose something you have done well before. Many times I will find a recipe that sounds good, try it and do changes to it until I feel that it can be done easier, quicker and can taste much better than the original. Don't be afraid to add the spices! So do some nice combinations with good presentations but make it easy on yourself. That's how I like to cook! How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment